Thursday, September 14, 2006

10 Years Ago and 20 Months Old

First off, ten years ago today when I was 17 I met my future husband, Nick for the first time. I had seen him for the first time three months before and a couple other times in between us actually meeting. I thought he was so cute, but never did talk to him...fast forward three months when senior year started. Sitting in gym class, I talked to this girl I hadn't talked to before...we were talking about boys and she mentioned she still had a thing for her ex and she occasionally talked to him. She told me she had a picture and would bring it the ncxt day. The next day she shows me the picture and I could not believe it...that was the guy I had been seeing around all summer and had a crush on!! I told her that and apparently she had talked to him a short time after and told him about me (why I'm not to sure since she still liked him). So the next weekend I went over to her house and she thought we should go see a movie and invite her brother and Nick along. Obviously hoping I would be with her brother (no way!) and her and Nick could get back together. Nick and I spent most of the movie goofing and having a good time, while trying to not be too obvious. Afterwards we went back to her house where he invited us to go out, but I said I needed to go home and he left. After I got home, the phone rang and it was him! How did he get my number?! He had seen it written down at her house and put it in his phone. Wow, I was shocked!! So, that's the story of the day we met. Love him so much!! Today is also the day our baby Drake turned 20 months old!! He's getting so big so fast...not that he's ever been little. Born weighing 8lbs 8oz...he weighed 36 lbs at his 18 month check up!!

No comments: