Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Back From Vegas

photo taken from plane on the way there. That's the wing if you couldn't tell.
gondola inside the Venetian
New York New York. See the escalators in the street on the left.
Six year wedding anniversary dinner!
under the light show on Fremont street. Our last night there.
We left last sunday for Vegas! We were supposed to leave at just after 11am...we got loaded on the plane and were told there was a 2 1/2 hour delay, because of winds in Vegas. So off th

e plane we went. After about 1 1/2 hours, they announced we were gining the okay to go ahead. Wouldn't you know..we get back on only to be retold that we were delayed yet again! An hour and 20 minutes this time. Nice. So we sat on the plane (they really didn't want us leaving again) and waited. Finally we were able to leave. Geesh! Didn't get there until about 4:30pm, which was a bummer! Got a rental car and checked into the hotel. Headed to In and Out Burger for some food. Love that place!! The weather was chilly the whole time. High 40s, low 50s. It rained a little here and there. Tuesday was our 6 year anniversary. We went out to eat and I got a tattoo. Yes, I actually did it! I didn't freak out as much as I did the first time...though I wanted to ;) I will post pictures of it later. Monday night we saw Carrot Top perform at the Luxor. We had 2nd row seats and were probably about fifteen feet away from him! He was hilarious and it was a great time! We went to the outlet mall there...gambled some...drank some...shopped...and of course missed the kids like crazy!! They did good. The baby did have trouble sleeping though...and Xandria had a meltdown the last night, but otherwise it went pretty good. I hope ;) We arrived home about 11:15am on thursday. I came home and took a nap. Nick picked up Xavier from school, and Ang brought the rest of the kids home around 4pm. I was SO happy to see them!! The baby couldn't stop smiling and the other kids were amped!! So nice to be back at home and in my bed! It was a great break and I came home feeling refreshed :) Well, I'm off to do more laundry...and hope it stops snowing soon!!

No comments: