Friday, January 25, 2008

Preparing

So we are going to Vegas soon. Yay! And also feeling not prepared. Not prepared to leave my kids...especially the youngest two. Of course it will be hard leaving the older two, but they have been through it before and pretty much know what to expect. We haven't been back there since before Drake was born, so I know it will be lots of fun...but it will be tough. I'm hoping Drake won't be to bad (like he was when we got home from the hospital)...he's been staying the night at my parents more and we won't be coming home with a new family member ;) B ut the baby...ugh...I don't know how he will be. Nighttime is what I worry about the most. He's used to me putting him to bed and telling him goodnight. Sometimes Nick will go put him to bed and he will cry until I go tell him goodnight. So I don't know. And when he goes to Angela's on wednesday...for two hours, he's somewhat clingy after we get home and wants to be cuddled. He's does great when he's being watched...I just don;t know how he will be, being gone from home five nights and four days. I'm getting so emotional about leaving...today has been the worst yet! I even strapped Daxton to me in a carrier today...envisioning that I could take him to Vegas like that. Ha ha! I know it will be nice to have a break...together, just me and Nick...no cleaning, laundry, getting kids ready for bed...and all the other lovely day to day chores. It's a tug of war in my head though. I didn't really plan on going this year, since we just had a new baby, and I had told Nick we would talk about it. Apparently that was all the talking he needed and decided that was a yes. It will be fun...right? Changing the subject...Daxton turned five months on monday! Wish I could push the stop button on my kids for awhile. He rolled over from his back to his tummy the day after. Of course he did it when I walked out of the room...Xavier was in there and yelled at me to come see. Rolled him back on his back and he did it again...of course I had the camera ready and got the shots :) I just got his 4 month pictures mailed out today....yay for me...ha ha! I plan on uploading some pictures later. I hope I can find the time! Fingers crossed that we don't need coats in Vegas!! One more thing...I'm starting to wonder if the kids will even miss me when we go because they keep asking if it's the day they get to go stay at Angela's. Even Drake. Oh well, that's a good sign, right? Right?!

No comments: