Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Visit to the Dells Part 2 or Rather Day 2

This is the place Top Secret we went to.
Standing by the alien in one of the rooms there. Daxton hugging Xavier...or ripping his hair, whichever :)

Got a few minutes while Daxton drinks his bottle, so I thought I would finish up the trip to the Dells. Sunday woke up to Toots in my face asking if we were getting up yet. Yeah maybe after the sun is up for a little longer. When we got up Nick ran and got us breakfast while I got ready and some things packed up. We planned on everyone going swimming again while I went shopping at the outlet mall right by there. I try the whole swimming thing...I REALLY do...but being with that many people and the wet, gross feet (not a feet person!) walking around...the chlorine smell...not liking my hands and face wet...just doesn't work out to hours of pool time. Luckily, I have a husband who doesn't mind and doesn't get grossed out ;) So Daxton and I enjoyed the time shopping and Nick and the other kids got to spend quality time together. I went back around 2:30ish or so and we headed out to eat since we were all starving. We decided to try Monk's which was right by our hotel. I'm glad we did!! Their food was REALLY good and we all loved it! When the kids were done with their food, the got ice cream. Drake was already behind because he had a kid's pizza, so when he was ready to eat his ice cream, everyone else was pretty much done...so there he sat...eating his chocolate ice cream. Xandria and I kept asking if he was done yet and he would say "not yet", until he was getting frustrated with us asking and hollered it! So, FINALLY the ice cream is done and he looks at us with his tall glass of Sprite that is barely touched and says "Now I have to drink this ALL." LOL Luckily, he only drank part of it and we were FINALLY off! We decided to go downtown, because I wanted an old time family picture taken. The boys looked so handsome in their cowboy outfits...especially Nick! Drake wasn't feeling the boots at all...his feet are wide and aren't meant to squeeze in tight boots! Nick said he couldn't believe how uncomfortable they were and that he's going to invent cowboy tennis shoe boots. Whatever. After the photo we pretty much headed home. We got home around 7:30 pm. It was a great time and look forward to going again.

No comments: