Tuesday, August 18, 2009

my birthday...

My birthday was almost a month ago...I went out with my cousin and a couple other people and had an absolute BLAST!! It was exactly what I had needed! I stumbled in around 1am...Nick was a little surprised to see me like that...I never drink. And they made sure I drank! I was asked at one point how I can have 5 kids and 1 husband and NOT drink...I joked that I was beginning to wonder that myself ;)

The next day (which was my actual birthday) we planned on going to Chicago, but I was too tired and not feeling so hot :) Instead, I opened my presents (Photoshop CS4!!!), ate cake, we ran to the mall for a couple things and ate at Red Robin, came home and I took a much needed nap!
Sunday, is when we went to Chicago. We were going to go to Shedd Aquarium, but we didn't arrive til the afternoon and the city was crazy (there was a bike race going on also)...so we went to Navy Pier. For some reason, Navy Pier has always equaled Chicago to me...love it there!

We saw a "pirate ship" and decided we would go for a ride on that. The kids were all excited to go on the boat...it was an hour ride. The weather was perfect, with a nice breeze blowing. I had a wonderful day!
The ride home wasn't so wonderful though...babies were crying and crying...Ziana continued to cry most of the way home and when we were almost home Xandria was in tears because she had to go to the bathroom sooo bad and couldn't wait any longer...of course this was after Ziana FINALLY stopped crying and fell asleep...Xandria opens the door to get out and guess what happens?? Yep, Ziana woke up! Ugh, I was ecstatic when we did arrive home :)
Look...a family picture!! I love when strangers offer to take a picture of us, makes me happy :)
The "pirate ship" we rode on.

Ziana finally stopped crying and fell asleep in the sling...the girl loves to nap in her bed and it's tough getting her to sleep anywhere else!


Nick took this picture of the kids (minus Daxton that he was holding) while we were on the boat.



Drake freaked me out when he decided to just stand up and walk over to the railing of the boat! There is only those 4 little lines seperating someone from going in the water!



No comments: