Wednesday, August 12, 2009

stung...

Poor Daxton! Last week little man was stung 5 TIMES...one being on his eyelid. We were outside playing and I hollered at him to show me how he can go down the slide. Next thing I know I hear him scream like I've never heard before!! I looked up and I see him standing there looking shocked and I see a big black bug flying around...I immediately took off across the yard (the kids later told me that they had never seen me run so fast, ha!) and scooped him up, making sure there was no wasps on him. Took him in the house and pack baking soda on the 3 spots that I see he had been stung at. He was crying and crying, which is not usually like him.
We get outside and I look at him...his eye is swelling and I see a red dot on it, then another one on his other arm! My poor baby!! I tried putting ice on his eye, but he wasn't having any of that and just wanted to carry the ice around.
This is what he looked like a bit after he was stung (it did swell up more than this and he could barely see). He kept saying "eye" over and over: And this is what he looked like the next day:
I felt soooo bad and guilty because the week before Drake had gotten stung by the slide, I just thought it was random, but it turns out there was a nest right under the slide. When Nick got home I had him go out and see where they were coming from and he said that Daxton must of seen the nest and knocked it down...he said the nest was lying on the ground and about 15 wasps were flying over it. Nick got rid of the nest and hopefully we won't see anymore!
I'm waaaay behind in blogging (are you surprised??), the past week for sure has been CRAZY, so I'm HOPING I can get back on track!
I'm working the fair tonight at Heather (our photographer)'s booth...and I'm sooo looking forward to it!! Six hours of quiet for me and I get to do it tomorrow night also :) Right now I definitely need the break!! On that note, baby is crying...

No comments: