Thursday, July 10, 2008

Much Better







Feeling much better now...maybe I need to vent on here more often :) I have gotten quite a bit of things done today and the kids having been behaving...Daxton took two naps, so I was able relax a bit too. Xavier's room is looking great...finally got things put away in there and looking mostly presentable. We just need to move the bed/desk and get that wall painted and finish up the trimming and it will be DONE!! So happy when that happens. After all that he better keep the room picked up!




Pictures from the 4th. I didn't take too many. We decided to ride bikes to the park and have a picnic. Yea. The bike riding part was nice...minus the hills I couldn't quite do, so I walked the bike (Daxton sits in front of me in the kangaroo seat). We got to the park and the mosquitos were BAD!! Even with the damn bug spray they would not leave us alone!!! Daxton was also a total crab butt...very unlike him, but he hadn't napped and was just plain tired! I tried to get some pics of him on his first 4th, but he wasn't into it at all...except when I handed him the flag. He really liked playing with it, until he sat on it and tried to pull it out and it broke. Drake's tummy got upset all of a sudden...I noticed a look on his face, then a smell. Uh oh. He said he needed to get to the bathroom. But he couldn't move. The bathroom...I mean port a potty was down a ways, so Nick got him to walk down there. The underwear had to be tossed...which Drake was upset about. I guess he told Nick that those wear his new underwear and his favorite ones. I thought that was funny, as they were just plain red underwear. After they finally got back...many mosquito bites later, we headed home.




We stayed home and Nick did some of his fireworks and also smoke bombs and those poppers the kids threw on the ground. Nick dropped Xavier off at my parents (he didn't want to go to the fireworks...apparently they give him a headache...uh huh)...and took Drake and Toots to see the fireworks. I stayed home. I was wiped out and Daxton was sleeping. He slept most of the time after we got home from the park and went back to bed early.


No comments: