Monday, August 25, 2008

More pics from Daxton's first year




showing his lil toof bud poking through @ 9months

Here are some more photos from Daxton's first year. I still can't wrap my mind around the fact that he's ONE YEAR OLD!! He still looks like my lil baby to me. Yea, it's going to definitely take some getting used to.

We had his birthday party yesterday here at home. The weather was perfect and we had a great time. He had a monkey theme party, so there were monkeys hanging out in different spots. He had a blast, and didn't get cranky at all. I think he enjoyed seeing everyone. When it came time for his cake, he was a little slow at the start...I think it was from everyone standing around watching him. He's not used to having an audience when he eats! Didn't get a chance to do the candle, as soon as he spotted the cake, he wanted it! We did do the candle on his actual birthday, so that's ok.
Anyway, once he was warmed up enough, he dug RIGHT into his cake...not holding back!! WOW did he eat and eat it!! Or should I say shovel and shovel it in!! He kept making "mmmm" noises which were so funny :) When the cake was just about all gone, he decided he would just bend down and stick his face in it! TOO FUNNY!! Sadly, there came a time when the cake was all gone...he even picked up the plate to make sure! I could NOT believe he devoured that WHOLE cake...not much ended up anywhere other than in his mouth, though don't get me wrong, he was covered in frosting!!! It was definitely very entertaining to watch!!
He was whisked away right to the bath :)
Daxton had Daddy to help him open up his presents. I know one of his favorite gifts was one my parents got him...a SpongeBob furry blanket. Drake has a Cars one like it that Daxton LOVES...he crawls in Drake's room, right to his bed, grabs it and leaves the room with it! So, my dad thought he should have his own...when he pulled it out of the bag he held it to his face and didn't want to let go!!
He didn't have a nap at all yesterday and remained a happy guy until we put him to bed just a bit before his usual bedtime, and slept until after 11am today.
That's all for now...gotta run!

No comments: