Friday, May 18, 2007

Mother's Day and More Doc Visits






Last week I took Xandria back to the ear, nose and throat doctor to see how her ears and hearing were. She had the hearing test done first. It came back normal in her right ear and just under the normal range in her left. So, the good news is that they have healed, fluid out and just a little more to go for the left ear! That means no surgery, YAY! She had a some wax in both ears (will it ever end?), so they did a little suctioning. She had to continue with the Nasonex and go back in two months. I went to the doctor this week for a follow up of the itching and to get the lab results back. Good news is that the itching became less and less and stopped. My labs came back normal, so there seems to be no reason for the itching. Fine with me since it has stopped! Wow, I did almost fall over on the scale though! I gained 5 pounds in just two weeks! I've already gained almost 30 pounds!! I'm only 7 pounds away from what I weighed when I gave birth to Drake. Ugh, guess I need to stay away from sweets and try to get some more exercise! It's funny going for an ob/gyn appointment, because when you mention something, they automatically think it's vaginally related. Ha ha. Like with the itching...they assumed I might have a yeast infection until I explained it was on the rest of my body, not that area! This week I mentioned that I have alot of mucus all the time (in my nose) and she thought I meant from the vagina. I thought that was funny, because each time I'm like "why would you think that?" I guess I forget that's what they specialize in! Anyways, I'm now 6 1/2 months as of yesterday (eek!). The baby sounded good and was moving away when we listened to his heartbeat. I go back in two weeks for the always fun glucose test. Not looking forward to choking that down! Mother's Day was nice. Xavier made me a windchime at school and a card. I actually found the card laying on the floor in the living room and asked him why he didn't give it to me. He said that it didn't turn out right. He made the word MOM on the front with tissue paper and he felt it wasn't as good as he wanted it to be. I told him it was perfect and some of the best things didn't turn out as they were orginally planned. He's so sweet. Nick actually got me a cake from my favorite place and the way i LOVE it...I was so happy about that and surprised he got it without me mentioning it! He also got me a beautiful locket. Now I just need to get pictures of the kids shrunk down to put in it. The kids got me a little plaque and card. We went to the park to take some pictures and eat some food. Nick took some pictures of me with each of them and some together. I tried taking some of the three of them, but they weren't too cooperative as you can see in one I included. P.S. You can always click on the pics to see them bigger.

No comments: