Monday, August 20, 2007

In Seven Hours...

We are heading to the hospital to be induced!! 6 AM! Ugh...not good with early rising! Nick and I went to the doctor today. The ultrasound was first. He's head down and facing the right way...so no last pictures of his face in utero. He IS still a boy though...ha ha. He still has alot of hair. He was practicing breathing and his heartrate was 141. His fluid at 8. Didn't get to find out what his weight might be because the technician said she wasn't told to find out. Okay, well I want to know. Oh well, guess we will be totally surprised. Then I had a Non Stress Test for 20 minutes. Baby looked good. She told me I even had a contraction...I had no clue. After that it was time to talk to the doctor. She checked me and said cervix is still thick, but I'm dilated to 2. It was pretty painful when she was checking me! She said we could go in the morning and start Pitocin or wait a week. Ugh...a week is good for me :) But the more we talked about it, the more tomorrow sounded like the best option. Since his fluid is on the low end of normal...it's only going to decrease from now. If we wait until next week then everything will be five days older. I also have to be treated for Group B Strep (it showed up in my urine last week) and since I'm allergic to the medicine that doesn't take as long, I have to be treated with medicine that takes a little longer...so it's better to not be in full on labor. So, I'm FREAKING out just a little!!! Works out nice because Angela has tomorrow and wednesday off work, so the kids can be with her. Funny because she told me last week I needed to go into labor on monday! Felt bad dropping Drake off over there. It was already bedtime and I told him he was going to stay there and go to bed and he said "I wanna go with you to your house" and didn't want to get out of the car. He was playing with my hair when he was saying it also. But, I talked to him more and when I left he was waving and saying "I going to be good." :) The other two were like "see ya mom" ha ha. Xandria had open house at her school tonight. She's so excited to start school!! Well, I need to pack my bag, no of course that still hasn't been done and get some sleep if possible. Wish me luck!!

No comments: