Monday, September 15, 2008

32 Week Appointment

Last tuesday I had my 32 week ultrasound/midwife appointment. I was so excited to have another ultrasound! Unfortunately, I wasn't very excited when I saw who would be doing my ultrasound. She has a very thick accent (making it hard to understand her) and she's not very talkative or interested in making it fun. We brought Drake with, so he could get a better idea of his baby sister inside me...but with her, it was a bummer. I had to try and describe everything on the screen to him.
Anyways...the baby looked great (yay!) and she is in the head down position. The baby is still a she...which is good news considering the clothes and things I have bought!! She weighed 4lbs and we were told she will be in the low 8 pound area...no surprise there!
We were trying to get a good face shot, but her face was lying right next to the placenta, so not much luck. I wanted to know if she had alot of hair, but we couldn't see that either thanks to her snuggling with the placenta. Oh well. All that matters is her health and that she's growing properly.
Of course just before the ultrasound was over, my midwife got called to a delivery. I had to wait to see the other midwife...which ended up being an hour! That sucked, but I could understand.
She told me everything was looking good and asked if I was having any problems. Just back pain. Not much you can do about that though. I was excited that I had only gained 2lbs in 2 weeks :) I REALLY don't need to gain anymore weight, though I know it's going to happen.
Well, gotta get the kids and things together and we are off to Xandria's gymnastics class!

No comments: