Tuesday, September 30, 2008

34 Week Baby Update

Last friday was my 34 week doctor appointment. Getting close!! Anyway, shortly before the appointment I was walking down the stairs and slipped on Xandria's doll shoes that I of course couldn't see due to the belly! I slipped down a few steps on my butt (those extra pounds in that area helped me out!), but caught myself. I didn't have any pain...just my left side felt a little achy. I sent Nick a message about it and he said at least I was going to the doctor, so I would let her know.
So, I went to my appointment...got weighed...gained 3 pounds...did the urine and waited for my midwife to come in. She comes in and asks how I was doing. I said "good, but I did slip down a few stairs before coming here, but I feel okay." Right away she's says "well we have to do testing" and leaves the room. Wow, ok. So, I was off for a Non Stress Test. It's where they put straps around your belly to measure the baby's heartrate and movement and also to see if you are having any contractions. I had to be on it for 20 minutes. The baby was active the whole time :) She had been moving before I went to the doctor also, so that was good! After the NST, I had a quick ultrasound to check on everything. Baby was still head down...and had her arms crossed over her face. Heartrate was 157, so that was good. The tech told me that baby has alot of hair (see pic below). Yay!! I was excited to hear that :) Now I will be able to put the hair bows to good use! She finished up the ultrasound by checking the kidneys and fluid level.
I went back to the room and waited for my midwife to come in. She came and told me everything looked good...except the amniotic fluid level. It was low, 7.7. Oh. She asked if I've had any leaking and I said "no." Asked if I was drinking enough water and I told her I had been drinking alot more of it lately...I even had a bottle with me that was almost gone. She said that I will need to drink as much water as possible and if the fluid was low again I would have to go to the hospital and be hooked up to an IV. That's obviously not what I want to do, so I have been drinking water more and more and hoping that the fluid level will be up!! I have to have it checked every week now. When she did the measurement with the tape measure on my belly, baby was right on with the growth :) Tomorrow I go to the doctor and on friday I go for another NST/ultrasound to see where it's at. Praying that it goes up and we can keep this baby in until 40 weeks. I know full term is 37 weeks, but hey, I need all the time I can get to prepare!!

No comments: