Monday, October 20, 2008

Doctor Visit and other happenings...

from last week. Tuesday was the growth ultrasound/NST/doctor visit. Gained 2 pounds, putting me at the weight I was when I delivered Daxton. Baby girl, still head down and had her arms across her face. The girl must be camera shy! She was looking good there...had her little legs crossed at the ankles :)
After the tech had all the measurements, she was able to figure out her weight. It was 6lbs 9oz. They say give or take 1/2 lb to 1lb. Baby's supposed to gain half a pound a week, so that would put her at roughly 8lbs 9oz if she came full term! If that was the case, she would be the biggest one yet...Drake's been the biggest so far, weighing 8lbs 80z at birth.
My fluid level was 10.2, so not too bad at all.
The results of my Group B Strep came back negative! But, that also happened last time...it wasn't until my urine was tested that it showed up in that, so she said to go to the lab at my next appt to have the urine tested.
The NST went fine. Baby was moving like crazy! I had some small contractions, but that was about it.

I had to go back friday for the NST/fluid check. Funny, that I was down 3 pounds, though I hadn't really eaten much yet. I'm sure it will be back up when I go back! Baby looked good on the screen and was pretty much positioned the same as last time. This time during the NST she had to be buzzed awake. It was funny, right went the buzzer went on she jumped! I was just telling Nick on tuesday at the NST that the baby has never had to be buzzed awake...this time she did! I know it was because she had kept me up the night before and was probably tired.
Thursday night was HORRIBLE!! She was moving like CRAZY when I was trying to go to sleep, which doesn't usually happen...plus the top of my uterus has been really bothering me lately. Feels like it's being stretched and pulled. Not very comfortable!!
On top of it, I've been SO EXHAUSTED lately and have had to take little naps when I get the chance. I told Nick last week, that it already felt like I had a newborn with the little sleep I was getting and being so exhausted. He had to let me know that's nature's way of getting me prepared.
Sorry, but I don't want to get prepared in that department!!

Yesterday we went to the apple orchard. It's about 20 or so minutes away. We were all excited to go apple picking! Yea. Well. We pulled up and the place was as busy as can be, BUT we noticed the lines for the tractors to take you picking weren't that busy. That was a good thing!

Or so we thought. We got parked and walked over...then noticed the sign saying that there was only pumpkin picking, NOT apple picking!!
The apples were done, except for some that picking starting on the 31st. Ugh. That sucked. Bad!

We did manage to get into the big barn, before the line was too big and get some apples, warm donuts and fudge, so it wasn't a complete waste ;)

There is a smaller apple orchard down the road from our house, so we drove back and went there. It was nice because there wasn't many people there, but their apples are more expensive and not quite as good. We ate LOTS of apples and had alot of fun. We came home with a bag full from there as well!

Nick and Drake really like the yellow apples best. I gave Daxton a small one of those. He didn't really get much of it in his mouth...just some teeth marks. Nick let him have some of his since the skin was already broken. He ate some...but once we gave him a red apple he went to town!!! He had the juice running all over him and Nick! He ate that whole thing COMPLETELY!! So, he obviously prefers the red apples!!

Well, that's all I have time for now...and my back is KILLING me!! I'm off to the doctor's again tomorrow. Twice a week from now on. Only 3 weeks left!!!

I have to get pictures posted SOON...don't let me forget ;)

No comments: