Saturday, October 4, 2008

If You Drink ALOT of Water...

your baby will have more amniotic fluid!! Had my doctor/nst appointment on wednesday. Gained 1 1/2 pounds. The ultrasound was first. The tech did all the measurements...I didn't get to see the baby for very long because there was someone else out in the waiting room having a fit because they were told to come in with a full bladder, and I guess she just couldn't wait...though the tech told me it was still 10 minutes before her appointment time. Grr. Oh well, I will get to see the baby again next week.
After the ultrasound, I was hooked up to the Non Stress Test machine. It was supposed to be for 20 minutes, but I was definitely forgotten about! I was in there for about 40 minutes before the midwife came in. It was nice to have some peace and quiet and read, but by then I REALLY had to go to the bathroom!!
The midwife said that drinking so much water helped the baby out tremendously as my fluid was at 10! Yay!! She asked if I felt any contractions and I said "No." Then she showed me on the paper that I had had some. I was shocked!! Didn't feel them. I was telling her that I definitely wasn't ready for the baby to come anytime soon and she asked if I was ever really ready for it and of course I never am :) I told her 40 weeks would be just fine for me, and she said that you never know, especially since it was just last year that I had a baby. EEK! I haven't planned for anything earlier than 40 weeks...I hope baby can hold out.
So, I will continue to go every week and have the fluid check and NST until the baby does come.

In other news...we have no heat. So that makes the house between 63-64 degrees. Fun. I noticed on wednesday that it wasn't working. The heating guy came and when he went to open up the heater (whatever it's called) water came pouring out. Yea, not a good thing!! So we have had to let it dry out. Not sure when he's supposed to be back again...hopefully soon!

Tomorrow we are having Xavier and Xandria's birthday party. It's going to be at the skating rink. Too bad I won't be able to roller skate! I love skating! Funny that last time we had their party there...4 years ago, I was pregnant then and couldn't skate either! Xavier is now 11 and Xandria is now 7. Really, WHERE DOES THE TIME GO?!
I hope to do a post on them soon...for now I need to go get ready. I'm having my maternity pictures taken today. I really hate having my pictures taken, but I figured I might as well get them done...I wish I would of had them done with the others...even though my face is fat and my butt is huge ;)

No comments: