Wednesday, April 8, 2009

One. Tooth. Less...

Last week, March 26, Xandria lost her second tooth. She knew a couple days before that is was going to be coming out soon. The night before she was wiggling it and wiggling it...I really thought it was going to come out then. But it didn't. She told me "Mom I keep wiggling it, but it won't come out." I told her it wasn't ready to come out just yet.
So, we were eating supper and she went to bite into something, but each time she did, the tooth would hurt and be in the way. She decided she was going to get it out so she could eat her food! She took a paper towel, went in her room and a few minutes later came out with the tooth in her hand :) She was SO EXCITED!!...
Until, she looked in the mirror and saw this:


I don't know how easily you can see it, but where the tooth is there is a piece of gum hanging that's in the shape of a tooth. She BURST into tears when she saw it and said "I LOOK WEIRD!!"
Poor girl. I told her it was okay and that it would go away, probably by the next day. She didn't believe and told me she wasn't going to smile at school the next day, that way no one would see it. It took a little while to calm her down.
Then she went outside and played.
And the next day? Yep, it was pretty much gone :)
Plus, the tooth fairy had come, taken her tooth and left $2 in its place. Though she insisted that since the tooth fairy had left he two dollars for the first tooth, she would leave three dollars this time. I told her the price doesn't go up for each tooth. Silly girl!


1 comment:

Angela said...

But mom how come the price doesn't go up????? Thy are precious teeth after all very valuable!!!LOL