Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Happenings

Not too much has been happening around here. Well, other than feedings, an endless supply of diaper changes, sleeping, bathing, clothing, pacifying, cleaning, laundry, picking up, Christmas present stressing (I never know what to get anyone!), and some bickering thrown in (Xavier and Xandria), being sick sunday and monday, Drake puking. That pretty much sums it up around here. Oh and a certain relative bitching about Nick putting on her screen door...in the inches of snow, nonetheless!
I think I'm ready to get out of the house today. Yea probably. We are going to go do a little bit of shopping done tonight. I'm ready for the fresh air...even though it's cold out! I'm so lucky that my father in law has been picking the kids up from school for me!!! That is great, because otherwise I would have to bundle up 3 little ones to go out in the freezing cold for ten minutes to pick them up. So glad he has done that for me since the baby came :)
The kids were at my parents this weekend and when Nick brought them home on sunday, Drake came upstairs to see me. He didn't look good. I asked him if he was alright and he said yes. Then he went downstairs and got sick on the floor. Poor boy. He was up a couple times at night and just went into the bathroom to get sick...he was in there crying a little bit and I felt so bad for him :( Monday he still felt bad, but if you would ask him how he felt he would say "good." Tuesday he was finally able to eat supper. He definitely made up for lost time!! I was nervous he would get sick, but he was fine.
Xavier has his first basketball practice afterschool today. He's been looking forward to it...I have been a little bit also...now him and Xandria won't be bickering as soon as they get home from school. Those two have really been driving me crazy with that lately!! They are fine with the other kids and everyone else gets along fine, but not them together! I don't know what it is! We've been working on getting it resolved, but who knows! Anyway, it's his first year playing basketball, so we'll see how it goes. He's really excited though!
Xavier also plays Nick's old trumpet in the 5th grade band. His teacher told him he's doing really well with it and he can play Hot Cross Buns.
Xandria still goes to gymnastics once a week and loves it!
Daxton is 15 months old now! It's funny to see him next to Ziana. He's such a monster next to her! He weighs 30 pounds and is 31 inches tall!!
He's busy, busy, but since the baby came he wants loving and to be held alot more :) Before he would never have time for any of that business! I love it and soak it up!! He hollers "mom" when he wants something or sees me...cracks me up! If I don't put pants on him, he will pull his diaper off and it drives me crazy! The boy still has to put everything he finds into his mouth...cardboard being one of his favorite things to munch on!
Well, I need to hop in the shower while both babies are sleeping!

No comments: