Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Pieces of Ziana's Room...

you can click on picture to see more detail


made by my husband :) I LOVE her room!!! It's has an Alice in Wonderland theme. I LOVE the dark pink and black...it has turned out so nice!
These pictures just show a little peek into her room...I plan to take more photos to hopefully show it all, but these are the two things that Nick built for the room. The wall unit is so beautiful and it has so much storage! I got the idea from Pottery Barn Kids...I saw it in white on their website. The only problem was it was $1,000 (!!) and it was only 5 FOOT TALL!! Holy cow, that was crazy!! I showed it to Nick and of course he says "I can make that" and he did :)
The top halves of the cabinets have two doors that open up with 3 shelves in them. The middle section has one shelf. And the bottom halves have two big drawers (they are hard to see in the picture). Under the window is a seat that opens up for some storage and under that is 3 open spots where I have the containers. I plan on getting some pillows to put on the bench...if I knew how to make some I would. Sometime I will get hardware put on the cabinets, but I want to wait because Daxton would really love to pull them open!
Nick stained all the trim in the room black and the crib also.
The second picture is a dollhouse/bookshelf. Same story...I saw it at Pottery Barn Kids, showed it to Nick and he said "I can make that.", and he did :) The picture isn't the best because I had to use the flash.
He also made a doll bed that I used when I had her newborn photos taken.
Nick really wants to get into making custom cabinet/items, it's something he loves to do. He really amazes me with all that he knows how to do!!
Her room is 98% done. I just have some frames I need to fill (ones in the cabinet) and some I want to buy and there is a vent cover that needs to be put on.

No comments: