Monday, May 11, 2009

mother's day in chicago...

For Mother's Day we decided to take our "little" family to Chicago...mainly going to Navy Pier. I was getting nervous, because the sky was looking kinda dark when we were approaching Chicago...sure enough, it started to sprinkle, then we hit the wall of rain!! It poured, but by the time we actually got through the city and arrived at Navy Pier, it completely stopped and didn't rain a drop after :) It was perfect out!

First thing we did (after a bathroom stop) was head over to McDonald's so Nick and the kids could eat and I could feed the baby. Navy Pier actually wasn't jammed packed with people...it was still busy, but it was the least amount of people I have seen there. We walked down the pier and came across the "magic mirrors". I love these! I was hoping to get a shot of all of us in front of one, but that didn't happen. Especially since Drake would have NOTHING to do with them!! I don't know why but he wouldn't so much as walk right in front of them...goofy boy! So, I have this picture of us...minus Xavier and Drake (I think X was in the mirror next to us).

I don't know why, but the end part of the pier (where we normally take photos) was closed. We settled with this spot and I told Nick to take a photo of the kids and I...I hate that I always have to tell him to take a picture with me in it...but that's the way it goes I guess. I would love to have some non-posed, real life photos w/the kids, but oh well....what can ya do about it?? I LOVED carrying Ziana in the carrier!! Works out so well and it's not as straining as trying to carry her in my arms. Funny that after 5 kids, I finally out the carriers we have bought to use...lol!

On our way back up the pier, we just had to stop so I could get a picture of the kids on one of these benches. We did the same thing last year too...I think I'm going to make it a tradition :) Who knows...maybe one time we will be able to fill the bench with all our kids ;) Ha ha!

After we finished at Navy Pier, we headed towards Michigan Ave to find the Hershey store. We completely got on the wrong road and went a bit out of the way...had to turn around and managed to find it!! I love that store!! The minute you walk in you are hit with the WONDERFUL smell of chocolate!!! If you go you have to get one of their cupcakes...they are DELICIOUS!! And HUGE!! Mine is the Reece's cup kind...with peanut butter frosting. I love how Ziana is looking at like she's ready for a taste :) (and what's with the chick in the back??). To finish up our day there we went to the American Girl doll store so Xandria could get something for her doll...she was the one behaving the whole day. It was funny when we were in there, Drake said "this place just has girl stuff in it", ha ha.

On the way home...Nick missed our exit off of I-94 unto I-90, so we had to detour into Skokie. That turned out to be a great thing because we came across Portillo's...YUM!!! The last time I have eaten there was about 9 years ago. Their cheeseburgers and fries are THE BEST!! And they even had smoothies there! We arrived home around 10pm. Xavier and Xandria gave me their gifts they made for me at school...a painting from each of them. So sweet!! I will have to take a picture of them. I recieved some clothes and shoes from Nick. I also have a necklace on order with the kids' names on it...you can find it here
I ordered one of her charmed necklaces. She has such cute designs...I can't wait to recieve mine!!
Today has been all about cleaning up and not doing too much. Today is also the day Ziana turns SIX MONTHS OLD!!!!!! That's insane to me!!! I plan to do another post about her being 6 months, with a few pictures I took of her today. I want to cry...time just flies by in the blink of an eye :(


1 comment:

Leslie Collins said...

i love chicago!!

jane has such nice jewelry. i have asked for one after baby #2 is here this summer. i thought about having her make it and then adding to it, but i am going to wait.