Thursday, May 21, 2009

the kids are out of school...well...

almost! They didn't have school today, and tomorrow they go for a whopping 2 1/2hrs. Yeehaw!! I think it's going to be a good thing...just hoping I'm not wrong!! I know there will be a fair share of bickering going on though. I'm REALLY looking forward to a loong weekend!! Nick was gone working 1 1/2 hours away all last week (and monday this week), so monday and tuesday it was SO NICE to have him home at a decent time. Especially since a few days last week he wasn't able to be here to help with the kids at all. Definitely a tough week for me!! But, I made it :)



The Young at Heart Festival is this weekend, which means it's been 12 years since the first time I saw Nick!! He was on the ferris wheel with B (a guy I had a little crush on) and I guess B had spotted me and he told Nick to scream my name. I remembering hearing it, but didn't know who was saying it. A lit bit later my friend and I went over to where B was with his friends, and we all stood around talking. I noticed Nick RIGHT away!! He was the goofy one (his nickname is Goofy)...making jokes and getting everyone to laugh. I was thinking "forget about B, who's this guy??" I left that night with B's number (which I never called) and wondering if I would ever see that guy again. You can read the rest of how we finally did get together HERE
And when I had told him awhile after we got together that I remembered first seeing him at the Young at Heart with B, he told me all about how he remembered being on the ferris wheel with B screaming my name (I hadn't even mentioned hearing my name that night). How crazy is that?? Who woulda thought that the person's name he was hollering...for his friend btw...would be the one he married and has 5 kids with?? Definitely meant to be!! I do have to add that he did not remember seeing me at the Young at Heart that night, just yelling my name. Guess he was too busy entertaining everyone to notice me ;)

So, this year when we take the kids to the festival like we do every year, I will remember how it all started and how far we have come and all that we have gone through...and be SHOCKED that it's been 12 YEARS and I remember it like it was yesterday.

Zi zi is up now...so it's time to feed her and then we are off to get some supper!!

I told you I was able to get some smiley pictures of Ziana against the fence. The dress I got from the Gap on clearance and hat is from H&M...two of my favorite stores for kid clothes (usually from the outlets, of course)!

Doesn't he just look so sweet and innocent?! Daxton on sunday...hanging on the fence Nick was finishing! I'm SO HAPPY the yard is now COMPLETELY closed in!!!! Daxton ran off and almost made it to the street the other day when we were in the back...TOTALLY freaked me out!! That boy is SUPER FAST when he's on a mission...and I'm not exaggerating in the least!

Wrong feet...his legs are NOT crossed, ha ha! You can just about bet that when Drake puts his shoes on, they WILL be on the wrong feet!! Everytime he is told that his shoes are on the wrong feet and he says "I don't care". He does switch them though :) It's so Drake!

Xandria out in the backyard the other day...we are all obsessed with playing badminton or madminton as Drake calls it :)

Up close and personal with Ziana...from a couple weeks ago. Love her expression!!





No comments: