Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas





It all starts on Christmas Eve. The kids spend the day with Angela and her family. Angela picked them (including the baby) up at about noon. They came home about 6:30pm. I was really missing the baby! It was the first time
nick and I were without the baby! Of course we were busy with last minute shopping and it was the first time we got to go out to eat by ourselves in 4+ months! We ate at Red Robin. After the kids arrived back home with their many cool presents...I swear Angela always finds the coolest/cutest gifts...most of which I have never seen!...Nick's dad came over. We ate Tombstones and Jim played with the kids and their new toys. The kids each got a gift from him plus a $25 gift card to Borders and a $50 bill! Jim stayed until 10pm...then some cookies and milk were left for Santa and the kids put on their new Mickey Mouse pajamas and off to bed!! xandria came in at 9am yelling "get up! It's Christmas!" over and over. They dug in their stockings and saw what Santa left. He left a bunch of smaller things for each and their main gifts...Xavier Spongebob legos and a Mad Science lab, Xandria a snowman and Barbie guitar, Drake some dinosaurs and truck and Daxton a play toolbench and a singing dog. At 3 we headed over to my parents for turkey and other good stuff:) Though I ended up eating my food cold after stupidly sitting on the phone with my sister's idiot boyfriend, trying to make it so my neice could spend Christmas with her family (which still didn't happen!!)! But that's a whole nother story! The kids searched for the pickle on the tree...which for the third year in a row...Xavier lost! He's always so determined to win, I think that's why he never finds it! His sister found it this year, which I'm sure bothered him the most :) We opened gifts and then around 7:30 or so we headed to my cousin's to see my side of the family. It was so nice to see everyone and hopefully we can plan to get together more often :) We left there around 10pm and we beyond wiped out!! Nick and I sat up forever laying in bed talking that night, so that was nice. We all had a great Christmas (minus the drama)...the kids got way too spoiled and on sunday we go to Nick's cousin's to celebrate Christmas with them. It sure is nice to get together with them after Christmas! And the good news is thanks to alot of my husband's help, the house is pretty much back to where it was pre-Christmas :)

No comments: