Thursday, July 23, 2009

i put in my notice...

I'm quitting. Quitting my job. My job as "mom". Or at least I was earlier today.



I came to the conclusion I needed to quit and find a different job. One that didn't involve poop and it being smeared all over the place. One that didn't involve a two day old, dry clean only shower curtain and a handful of poop smashed all over it. One that didn't involve giving a little boy a bath after he woke up when he had just had one RIGHT before he went to bed! One that didn't involve telling kids repeatedly to pick their things up. One that didn't involve feeling like your completely failing at your job.



But if I had a job like that I wouldn't get sloppy kisses. Or crying babies that look for comfort in your picking them up. And give you the biggest smile and giggle when you do something as simple as look at them or say their name.
Or having your poopy little guy (he wasn't poopy at the time though, surpsingly!) climb up onto his baby sister's crib to check in on her and him saying "zee zee!" when he sees her in the crib.
Or a little girl who loves to draw you pictures and when you're in the middle of picking up things and having a horrible moment...you pick up something off the floor, blink away the tears and look to see that it's a handmade heart colored with red marker and written in pencil it says something...it says "i love you".
Or a little boy who when you (jokingly) said you're going to run away last week, he says " I will chase you and catch you and bring you back home and lock you up so you can't get out."
Or an eleven year old boy who (for the most part) has lost the attitude and has been helping you out when you need it WITHOUT complaining or grumbling about it.

There are so many precious, sweet moments that take away all the bad, horrible, brief moments that can happen daily...I savor each one of the good moments and just try to forget, or latter laugh at, the bad ones. It's an amazing journey and I am SO VERY blessed to be able to have this job and I wouldn't trade it for any other...no matter how much it pays...or how quiet it may be!!

On that note...I see (or rather smell) that mr. poopy pants has struck again!

No comments: