Sunday, April 29, 2007

Drake's Goose Egg, Last Weeken and Pregnancy Woes

This is what happens when you trip and hit your head on the hard, back corner of the couch! Poor Drake...his head swelled up HUGE instantly after he hit his head. This picture was taken later in the night and after the swelling went down TREMENDOUSLY! I shed some tears over my baby being hurt and looking so painful. Nick took him to the doctor just to be safe. They just said to make sure he doesn't sleep longer than usual and to make sure he's not throwing it. Neither of which he did. I think I was more tramatized than he was. When he got home from the doctor he told me that the doctor looked in his ears and in his mouth. His weight is now at 38lbs. He tells everyone "I bump my head on the couch." In pregnancy news...not doing the greatest here. This past week has been very tough for me. Last weekend we had a good family weekend. Saturday we took the kids to the park and walked on the trails. Drake saw a boat on the river and said "I ride boat." Sunday we decided to go to Chicago and spend the day at Navy Pier. The weather was beautiful! We took a boat ride...which Drake's SO loved! The kids ran around on the pier and had a blast. They went on the carousal and Xandria was even brave enough to ride the huge ferris wheel with Daddy! Very surprised about that! We left there around 7:30pm. Monday I spent the day cleaning and cleaning. My cousin even came over later and helped cleaned and organize our closet area. Thank God for her and her help...it made a HUGE difference!! When tuesday rolled around, I was in pain! My upper back and shoulders hurt SO bad I couldn't do anything! Wednesday was the same thing. Thursday I didn't feel much better either.It would hurt so bad in the morning and at night. I could pretty much only sleep laying flat on my back. Friday was finally relief though my legs did hurt some. Yesterday morning started the itching. My whole body itched and itched and itched and itched more when I scratched it and hurt! Was able to get in touch with the on call ob who works with my doctor. She said it sounds like I have a condition that can be common in pregnancy. She told me to take benadryl every 4-6 and to use lotions and take Aveeno baths until I can get in on monday for a blood test. This has not been fun at all!! Today in the shower I itched so bad it was INSANE and I still have throunghout the day. It seems to be at the worst when I take my clothes off and when I'm trying to go to sleep. I was so exhausted today that I took a very long nap while Nick kept an eye on the kids and worked on the addition. I don't know what I would do without his support!! Well, that's all the update for now (which was plenty!), I'm just going to try to make it through the night and hope the doctor can offer some more relief tomorrow!! I will put pics up from last weekend next time hopefully.

No comments: